Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day -6

Well here I am again in the hospital. I have been keeping myself busy here. Today I have done a lot of cross stitch, working on a piece for Kevin's Aunt. She was very helpful to us this year helping us move and coming when Kevin was in the hospital. She has gone through her own family crisis of cancer this year with her mother but found out good news this year when her cancer had not come back like they thought.

I also learned a type of meshing of knitting and crocheting. It is done on a round loom and makes the cutest winter caps. I made one today on a baby size loom so I have a cute dark purple hat for the top fin of my killer whale until someone I know has a baby. I think it will be easy to make scarves with it as well if I get that real think yard that is all whispy. It could be really cute.

I also listened to music and watched some episodes of Bones from the first season. I am trying to stay busy and make the time pass. Kevin was able to come up and see me last night which made me smile big bunches. He works a lot the rest of this week but seems to have Monday off so hopefully he will be up to watch Monday night football with me and play some card games.

Today I had two types of chemo today. First I had Cytarabine and Etoposide. I have had Etoposide before with the ICE I got but it never really caused any problems. So far I am doing great. Just trying to make the time pass bye. I am not really tired even though I am still waking up about every two hours. But I seem to fall back asleep really quick so I am not exhausted. I just get a little tired earlier than normal. No big deal there.

I got to talk to all of my family pretty much today. It was nice. I talked to my sister and my mother. They are having a great time. My eldest nephew yesterday told me he wasnt happy they were only staying there a week and wanted them to move in forever. So sweet he is at almost 9. Next month is his birthday along with his sister who turns 1. And for those of you who have seen pictures of little Delyla know how precious she is. Then I got to talk to my brother for a while and find out how he is doing. That was nice, even with his youngest screaming in his ear and mine, something about being afraid of geese flying around. Ah two year olds.

Well that is about all that is going one so far. I am definitiely glad that I am not having any problems. It makes this process so much easier to deal with. The time just needs to fly by and all will be awesome. Hope to see everyone as soon as I can. Love yall.

Roxanne

Blood Counts:
WBC: 14.6 (yesterdays 6900 was actually 6.9)
HCT: 33.6
PLT: 221
TP: 95
ANC: 12870

No comments: