Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day -4

Here I am still in the hospital. Only 18 days to go at least if I add correctly. By that seems like forever doesnt it? Stuck in your room at a hospital, door closed all the time. We have to keep the door closed to keep the hepa filter going at its maximum rate. I can leave my room of course but I cant leave the floor. Its a liabitlity to do so. I may just have to take the time to go outside tomorrow anyway. I am getting a little stir crazy.

Friday was an okay day. Not too much happened. I continued my cross stitch, got a nice visit from a volunteer named Katherine who is part of the DFW Metro TNT team. She was so sweet and I really enjoyed her company. I am looking forward to seeing Maria on Tuesday if she is feeling better as well. Other than that I read some, listened to some music and watched the Presidental Debate. Very interesting how they reacted to each other for sure.

Kevin was able to come up last night once he got off work. I was so happy to see him for sure. I am so used to being around him whenever we are not working and all that. I miss my kitties too but they will just have to wait. But having Kevin stay here last night and be here till 12:30pm today just made my life that much happier. It gets lonely here.

But I am starting to get more tired each day. I am still getting the same two chemo's from Day -6. I think I will get one more dose of each tomorrow then I switch one final type of drug on Monday. I am losing my appetite as well. I have only about 1/2 my usual appetite. But I am not complaining too much about that. With all the fluids that they are pumping into me I am retaining like crazy. I was put on a diaretic yesterday because of the retention. Joy I know, maybe even a little TMI but that is what you get from me here.

Emotionally I am doing okay most of the time. I do get lonely around here which does get me down some. So anyone who wants to shoot me some emails about how their lives are doing that would just cheer me up I know it. If I have too much time to sit and think then I start to get down. I spent most of my day doing cross stitch of course and watching Harry Potter. Well actually I listened to Harry Potter mostly because of the cross stitch. It kept me busy and I just have to do the outline on the piece I am working on now and it will be done. Yippee. Then its onto cross stitch Christmas Ornaments for family.

Well thats about all from me for now. I miss everyone and cant wait to get back to normal things in life, such as work, going to TNT, seeing family and friends. Thanks everyone for the support and love.

Roxanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I am looking forward to see you Tuesday. I have a little bit of a cough still but I don't think I'm contagious anymore so it should be fine.

Hang in there, Roxanne. 18 days will be over before you know it!