Monday, September 29, 2008

Day -2

Another two days closer to day zero. I am doing pretty good. Well much better since Kevin has been here since last night. He stayed the night again and made my evening and day today. He brought some games and the Wii so today we have been Mario Carting and Mario Partying. Makes the time pass bye and keep my spirits up.

I finished my chemo today as well. I got my last type of chemo called Melphalan. It only took a half an hour. I am still on lots of fluids to help flush my kidneys which is a good thing. I might need those later in life right?

Tomorrow is a rest day. Maria from the Leukemia and Lymphoma society Team in Training is coming up to see me and bringing me lunch. For that I am most appreciative. Kevin brought me Taco Bell last night and it was heaven. For anyone who has been stuck in the hospital for several days know how much outside food can make life so much better. I cant imagine women who are on bed rest from pregnancy for a couple of months at a time. They have to go absolutely crazy. I know I have been here for only 6 days and its making me a little stir crazy. And I still have just over two weeks at least to go.

But I be going home soon enough right? I am looking forward to transplant day. They give lots of regular meds and do holistics as well. I will get a food massage and these wrist bands that have little buttons on the underside to help with nausea. I like the whole approach to everything. Make everything more relaxing and not stressful. Makes life good.

Hope everyone is doing good. Talk to everyone soon I hope.

love,

Roxanne


Blood Counts:
WBC: 10.3
HCT: 31.8
PLT: 163
TP: 99
ANC: 10,197

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today! I will try to give you a call again this evening after I get home and settled. Traffic is still a mess here, can you believe it?!

I believe i will be coming up not this weekend but next. I'll keep you posted!

LOVE YA!

Danielle

Golfersfamily said...

Hooray for the transplant tomorrow! Bring on the freshies...