Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zero Day

Good morning everyone. Its that day finally, transplant day. I wont lie and say I am not a little scared, nervous, and anxious. It started to hit yesterday. But let me go back to when I last wrote.

Monday started out as a good day. But I started having pains in the bottom of my feet, sharp burning pains whenever I would walk on the tile floor here. Socks helped a little but my feet get so hot when I have to wear socks. So after my shower it was too much so I told the nurse. She contacted the doctor and got me something for it. So I got some type of liquid medication and ended up feeling worse in other ways. Thankfully Kevin was with me when I didn't feel good. I just had really blurry vision, my head was heavy, and I just wanted to roll over and sleep. Only problem was I couldn't get to sleep. They said that all happens with that med. Thankfully it did take the pain from my feet but I definitely didn't like the side effects from the other drug just as much.

So I woke up yesterday and my feet were feeling fine. Yippee, something good for my day off right? Well they started again late last night so I am going to have to deal with that today. They said I could just have pain meds instead if it came back and I think I will take them up on that. But we will see because I don't want it to make me sick for transplant you know?

But anyway Kevin was here on Monday and that was really nice. I got McDonald's for dinner and he ate my healthy meal. It was a nice trade for both of us. We played games and just spent nice time together. Maria came to see me yesterday day and brought comfort food as well. The company was wonderful and she thinks she talked my ear off but not in the least. I loved having the conversations.

So today I am tired (it is still early though huh) and am just waiting on food and to find out what time all this fun stuff begins today. I figure a shower after breakfast and I should be good. My parents should be here today. They were planning on leaving Houston sometime this morning between 4-5am to get here in time. I will be grateful they are here as we don't know how much I will bottom out and need the additional help for sure. Two more weeks in here and I will be sprung. I'm jealous of the cooler mornings I keep seeing on the news. I love cooler weather. So hopefully it stays when I get out of here.

Well I think I need something to drink so its up to the mini fridge with me. Hope everyone is doing wonderful. Thank you for all the emails and support. And I have loved the cards and drawings as well. I will see everyone as soon as they allow it.

love,
Roxanne

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update, Roxanne. This is a big day, and I'm sure everything will go well. Hang in there and be tough - I know you are! See you Friday.

Anonymous said...

Mike and I are thinking about you! Everything will go smooth and go well!

Love ya bunches!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxanne,
Just wanted to leave you a note to let you know that I'm thinking of you and you're in my prayers. Stay strong! And here's to a speeding recovery.
Vanessa Fox
TNT-Training for Nike & San Antonio marathons