Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Start of Something Special

Welcome everyone to my blog. I hope to be able to keep this up and let everyone know how I am doing and where I am at with my chemotherapy and stem cell transplant. This will be a pretty open and honest blog through my journey. I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone.

I am currently on my second round of ICE chemotherapy. I had 1 hour of chemo last night with one drug. Tonight I will get all three drugs. Its the hard night for me because it last so long. So much chemicals going through my body as well as saline. I will be up way to much going to the bathroom for sure. The side effects mostly are extreme exhaustion, some nausea, and hair loss as you will see below if you missed me at work on Friday. Other than that it hasn't been too bad yet. The next round will be a chemotherapy package called BEAM. That will be the bad set. It will eliminate my entire immune system. From the research I have done I will get pretty sick. But if it will help to keep it from coming back again I am all for it.

As you see I have lost my hair. It started falling out only two weeks after chemo. I have lost about 75% of it and Kevin shaved off the rest on Thursday. Thank goodness for him. We went to the circus on Thursday night and had a great time. I have to enjoy these few moments I get while I can. My best friend Danielle came up to see me on Saturday from Houston and that was such a treat. We don't get to see each other as much as we would like so I treasure every time I get to see her. And my sister will be coming to stay with me during transplant while my parents go on a cruise to Alaska to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. I am looking forward to getting to spend some time with her even if it is when I wont be feeling well. And my friends Chris and Peter sent me a beautiful scarf from to cover my head with. They live in Vegas and I am jealous of that. Chris and I have known each other since 1993 at college(we shared a dorm room our Sophomore year) and she is the reason that I first met Kevin and was reunited with him.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. If you think I didn't send this blog to someone that would love to see it just forward it on and let me know whom to add to my distribution list. I love the feedback and support from anyone and everyone. Take care all and I miss you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roxanne,

You're awesome! See you soon!

Golfersfamily said...

I LOVE it that you started a blog! It is such a fun way to keep in touch! You are the cutest bald girl I've ever known and I can't wait to come up and stay with you! I am so thankful for Kevin too. It is wonderful to know how much he loves my baby sister! Love you bunches;)

Anonymous said...

I'm on board with the blog, although you know I am not the most up-to-date computer person. In fact, a friend from school just let me know I am officially lame because I don't have a facebook page - all in good time!
At any rate, I am so happy to be in touch with your recovery, and I will await all of your updates. xxx Barbara
PS BTW, Where are you? Maybe I can come visit before school starts.

Chuck said...

Hey, poodle. Well, enough about you, let's make this all about me! I got dismissed from jury duty today. They finally read my questionnaire and saw what a sick puppy I am. I'm sooooooo glad I won't be sequestered for two weeks.

... but seriously, glad you started the blog. It's the way to go. I can cyberstalk you now and try to pass along amusing tidbits. xxx Chuck

Anonymous said...

I too am happy that you've started a blog. That way everyone can be updated!
I am so happy i got to come up and see you last weekend! I'll be up more in the next few months so be warned! LOL

Barbara, don't feel so bad, I don't have a myfacebook page or whatever they are called. Don't see the need!

I love you girl and hope everything is going well!
XOXOXOXOXOX


Danielle