Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic Glory

Well this has been a hard week. Three days of chemo, a Nuelast shot on Friday, and recovery. The recovery this time has been a little harder. I have been so tired. For most of you who know me very well you know I am not one to stay down long. But I did finish the 6th Harry Potter book in record time. Just one more book of that to go, have to wait on paperback though. I hate hardback books. But that is okay, I can wait. This was the first one that I have read before the movie was out.

So I have been having problems with energy and my stomach a little. Heartburn is a killer. Amazing how in my life, before cancer, I had only had heartburn once. Now it can come without any thoughts, mostly since the radiation. Scary that the radiation got rid of the spot in my neck that popped up toward the end of chemo but now I have problems with drainage and heartburn.

I have also had breathing problems today pretty good. Kevin and I got out today, taking stuff to the post office, having lunch at Wendy's and going to one of his favorite scavenger hunt places for records, GOOD WILL. We found a Paul McCartney album and since Barbara and Sid speak so highly of Allison Krause he pick up a cd of her's as well. He loves finding new music and getting recommendations from people. So if you got a great suggestion let us know! But anyway by the end of these short excursions (I sat down the whole time at good will) I was exhausted and couldnt breath well. So I have been having little crackles in my lung again the last two days and now shortness of breath.

I still did the dishes tonight though, go figure. I am a gluten for punishment I guess. But that is okay, I feel better mentally doing that so that is why I do it. I have had so much support from so many people the last few days that I felt I needed to get my butt up and do something. I want to thank everyone who has brought me food, ordered me food, and prepared me food. Kevin and I have been overwhelmed by the generosity. It has been great and transferred over to lunches as well. Thanks to Sandy and D'anah from work for the food. It was delicious. Thanks from Kathy, Christie, Patty, and the Itailian food gooddess (I didnt get your name). And thanks to Caron and Maria for getting it all organized. It has been a life saver.

Kevin and I have also been Olympic freaks, watching it most of the day, all day. Never seen some of the sports, like archery. Pretty cool. Make sure everyone checks it out. It needs our support.

So tomorrow I head to my oncologist and get my blood checked. I hope to get an update on the dates I will be having my next pet scan, transplant orientation, and when BEAM will be and then of course transplant. I will keep everyone updated as I continue my journey down at Baylor of Dallas. Love to everyone.

Roxanne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love you so much and are constantly impressed by your grace and spirit.

Anonymous said...

I am currently gathering some items for a nice little goodie bag for you. It's not anything major just a few things that will hopefully keep your spirits up.
I figured you would be glued to the Olympics, we actually have too.
I will give you a call tonight!

Love ya!

Danielle

Marcus Mahan said...

Hey little sis! I'm glad things are going well. I rote this big thing and then it got erase when I signed up so I will try again. We miss you dearly and hopfully we will see you soon. I have been reading what your friends have been saying and am so glad that they are around to help you out. As ou know lifes punches are mean and thoughtless. Just remember to keep your chin down and your fists up, move and use the the strong left I know you have. We Love you dearly. Your Bro!

Anonymous said...

Love reading your updates! See you soon.

Unknown said...

Hi, Roxanne! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Hang in there, I'm sure it's really tough some days! I hope we all get a chance to see you soon when you are feeling better.

Take care.

Golfersfamily said...

It is getting closer! Only a couple of treatments to go and then a new beginning with new stem cells. Just like a newborn baby right? Especially your hair - or lack of it... Love you, Keep smiling girlie!